Saturday 7 January 2017

FREE VERSE


We had a whale of good time,
though in a jiffy!

I threw caution to the wind.
What you saw, I gave you.
My alter ego, I gave up.
I welcomed you with open arms
and worked my fingers to the bones,
with hope that Rome was not built in a day.

When all is said and done,
Like a fish in troubled waters,
I am letting go
of every bittercold
sapping all of my energies.

You are just a nasty piece of work
who has sworn never to act refined
like the man on the Clapham Omnibus.
A thousand words cannot express
how I felt
when you babbled those venoms
all in the name of a joke.

Many a true word is spoken in jest.
And that easily, you have forgotten
because you are just two cents worth.
You struck a raw nerve.

Like a valiant feminist that I aforeclaim,
I pretended it was okay.
That as rocky as I felt,
sticks and stones
may break my bones
but hurt me, words cannot!
Oh! How wrong I was...
For truth is stranger than fiction.

Though it's hard to admit
that our yesterday was our swansong.
I have scribbled these
as an elixir to my broken bones

But,
I am not myself very certain
of my next move
when you return.
Verily, still waters run deep
and I do not want to be
a shadow of my old self.

... least said, soonest mended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Want To Read