Thursday 10 January 2019

WOKE!!!

The Scales are off!
The Curtains are drawn!
Drastically unveiling,
A beam of hope.
A scene so beautiful
Yet too familiar.
It is the best thing since sliced bread.
This must be de ja vu!

For a very long time,
I grew a cold feet,
But they were not broken.
Just numb.
So cold that I froze out.
I literally blanked out,
Felt like my Passion was smothered
By a dozen wet blankets.

I have been under the weather
Just lost in oblivion
Wandering in it,
Like a newly blinded man.
So loud and hollow,
Like a massive empty barrel.
They tagged it "mid-life crisis"
I hope I have had a generous share of mine.

I have been sitting on a fence.
For so long, I sat there so undecided,
Till fate pulled my legs.
Since they were so fail and brittle,
I landed flat on my face.
Aha! What a great fall!
I crashed down like a glass tumbler!
Unapologetically, I went down in flames!

I was so right as rain about my fall;
"This is me" I boasted to myself.
I allowed pride get a strong grip on me,
And failure glared right back at me.
Even the dark I dwelt in saw me a stranger.
I refused to jump on the bandwagon,
Even when I missed the boat.
As a last resort, I opted to hit the sacks!

In fury, The enormity I embraced spat me out.
I was too numb for the dark
And too freckled for the light.
The disinterested fence- my comfort zone,
Came crashing down on my watch.
The ground that contained me felt to hot to tread on.
The air I breathed turned murky and musky.
No escape route!

I scouted for help and found none!
I closed my eyes to blank out my problems.
Even in my drams, reality dawned on me!
I AM LOST! NO PAINTING IT!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
By the skin of my teeth,
I was finally liberated!
My eyes were stormed open with an unabashed enthusiasm once more.
It was not a nightmare. I am "WOKE"
.
.
.
Could this be harmattan playing pranks on me???
I sincerely hope not...





1 comment:

You Might Also Want To Read