Saturday 17 September 2016

HOW DO DREAMS COME TRUE?

'How do dreams come true?' I keep pondering...
I want to be a prolific writer like Chimamanda Adichie; a political activist like Omotola Jalade Ekehinde; a philanthropist like Chief Rochas Okorocha; a great artist like Leonardo Da Vinci whom i share the same birth date with (15th April) and a great chef like the popular CAKE BOSS aired on TLC...
How do we bring our dreams to reality ?  
       The sage says" a day begins a story" yeah! I know, I mean everybody knows that. How do we go about that story?     Moreover, there are over 50 billion people on earth who must have envisaged fame only to be left to dim in the shackles of their own dreams... Ironically, most famous people never dreamt of such popular oriels, but there they are! Am I alone in my thoughts of "how my dreams come true?" Or are there people like me too? I wonder!  Mhm..., those they have made it already or those whom we assume are already there, will tell us to practise consistently, with patience and perseverance... For Christ sales! How many unrealised dreams are 6 feet today? And how many more will leave the surface of the earth without achieving fame with their God given talents, let alone actualising them.                            
   Alright, how many of those pep talks by the so-called youth/women motivators have made people famous or at least changed the world's garment?      
I have come to realise that fame is not for everyone. I mean imagine it if everyone on earth were to be popular? Our news lines won't have commercial breaks anymore; soap operas would be endless; everyone becomes performers without spectators and audiences; our newspapers would be television box sized and very bulky and less appealing to read; numerous pop ups on the net to interrupt the ever endless streaming celebrity hot hosts from being read by interested viewers...  
  Imagine a world where everyone's dreams come true.   I imagine it, and I have arrived at a general conclusion that there would be anarchy! Even God himself would be bored because there would be no more status less people to pray to him ceaselessly, day and night #truetalk# I bet there is absolutely no one who does not desire status. I imagine fame becoming too monotonous that it becomes faceless. This amounts to the reality that only a handful out of ten thousand are born to be famous and this is not by birth, chance or connections, but by GRACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Want To Read